Monday, March 15, 2010

Books for the boys

Last night I finished reading The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson to the boys. They really liked it. The story was fun and exciting and they liked getting to revisit the Magic Kingdom in Disney World in their heads. It was just a year ago that we were there and it was great to be able to picture where the kids in the story were and jealous not to be there with them.
My dilemma is what to read next. I was going to read How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell because the movie is coming out, but Jaren started to read it at school for a book report. That is okay because I have so many others to read.
I also want to read to them The Rookie by Scott Sigler. It is a sci-fi football/action book based in the future where different alien races are mixed together to play football. It is a great story.
I could also read Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. I have read the first two books in the series to them and they are lots of fun.
However I think I am going to slip in a bit of classic literature to them and read them Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It is short and interesting and definitely shocking at the end.

No comments: