Saturday, March 3, 2007

Good pet in training


We are determined to have Oscar, our new ferret, behave better than all the other pets we've had. Melissa has been constantly on him to make sure he goes the bathroom in the litter box and we both have been taking him out to make sure he stays friendly and doesn't bite anyone. He is mostly using the litter box, having only a few mistakes and he only bites if he has been out for a long time.
Mel and Dean built a scratch box for him yesterday while Reese, Jaren and I were out shoveling the snow. She just glued some sandpaper into a cardboard box, when we put him in it, he scratches around with his front feet and then tries to jump out and kicks and scratches with his back feet. For now the box is a perfect size, but I'm sure he will grow out of it soon.
This morning when we took him out to play I put him in the hood of my sweatshirt. He actually liked it and stayed there for quite a while. We went upstairs and woke up the boys with him in my hood and then played around for a bit. He stayed in my hood the whole time. He probably would have fallen asleep but we took him out to let him try to go to the bathroom.

No comments: