Sunday, March 4, 2007

Snow Tubing!!




Today was a beautiful day to be outside in Maine, and luckily we were actually able to get outside to enjoy it. My Mom called this morning and asked us to go to Seacoast Snowpark in the afternoon with her and Steve. He had some passes and we were all able to get in free.


At first Dean said he didn't want to go, then changed his mind. We tried to get someone to come over to watch Strider, but no one was available. We decided to just bring him and Mel and I would take turns sitting with him. Mel took first watch and off we all went. At the bottom of the hill, just after we got our tubes, Dean said he didn't want to go. Being the mean, forceful Dad that I am, I encouraged him and told him how much fun it would be. We got hooked on the towrope and pulled up the hill. Then we get to the top and he starts to panic bigtime. We all pick the easy trail and Steve, Reese, and Jaren all link together and off they go. Dean is in a state now but I put him on the tube and hopped on and down we went. He cried at the bottom because he was mad, but there was no way I was going to walk down the hill. The two of us went to relieve Mel of Strider duty.


Almost as soon as Mel left, Dean started in. "How long are we going to be here?, Can I get a drink?, I'm hungry, can I get a candy bar out of the vending machine?" We settled on fries and a soda. I placed the order and got the drink. Strider woke up at this point, and wanted some of the drink. Just as the fries came, Mel came back. We munched on the fries and Stri really liked the honey mustard sauce. I went back to the hill to catch up with the others.


We went for a couple more runs before Steve went to go watch the kids so Mel could come out with us. When Mel came out we took some pictures at the top, and did a few more runs. Mom and Mel went back inside and I got to stay with Reese and Jaren. The lines were starting to thin out so we did a bunch more runs before going in. Jaren really wanted some fries and that is probably what got him and Reese to go in. I wanted to go back in because I'm sure Mel was really getting bored hanging out with Dean and Stri.


Overall, it was a good day, but I wish Dean would have stayed out with us.

No comments: