Monday, December 17, 2007

change in pace, again

Once again I switched my self-teaching guide. I started off with a book that only taught 3 main chords to start (G, D7, and C), then changed to reading and picking notes. I was only there for a little while when I went to the computer self guide that Mel had found. That one was all about the chords, wanting you to be proficient at all chords, major, minor, 7's, 6's, and everything before going on to notes. I just bought a guide from Walmart that had a CD, and a DVD. This one starts out with notes! Obviously there is no definite rule.
I haven't practiced all that much lately, although I did spend about an hour yesterday with Mel restringing and retuning the guitar and it does sound much better. I didn't get a chance today because I was busy all morning and never had a good block of time this evening.

No comments: