Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Guitar practice

I have been practicing the guitar and of course it is so slow going. I have been doing the guitar secrets website lessons for the past several days. I like it because it tells about how to hold the guitar and more of the fundamentals that I just would have taken for granted if I was just doing the book that I have. I know from karate that bad habits can be hard to break in terms of posture and positioning in the long run, so even if something seems uncomfortable now, just let yourself get used to it.
The lessons have you go through and play each and every chord, major, minor, power, barre, and 7th. It seemed like such a waste of time at first because, "like I was going to remember any of them". But my next lesson (which I put off until tomorrow) is Learn how to swap between chords quickly and easily. That basically means, now that you have the chords memorized, practice switching back and forth until you can do it in your sleep. I think I'll be on this lesson for awhile.
I also got a couple podcasts on guitar lessons so eventually I can check these out and compare.

No comments: