Thursday, February 11, 2010

sebago Frye's Leap IPA


I am not sure why I picked up a six of Sebago's IPA. Maybe it was because of the Frye's Leap reference bringing back childhood memories of friends, boating, and leaping. I ended up getting my first surgery due to a torn rotater cuff because of jumping off Frye's Leap. But that is another story.
I am not usually a pale ale person, I typically like my beer richer in flavor than just hoppy as some IPAs can be. This IPA, however is not hoppy at all. Not in smell or flavor. It is just bitter. If I do want a lighter flavor beer, I want it to be refreshing. Something to cool you off and be lip-smacking after working outside in the hot summer sun with dirt and grime clinging to your neck and arms.
This beer just leaves me wanting something else and instead of me grabbing my beer bottle and thinking "What! I finished it already?!?!" , I end up grabbing it thinking "do I really still have half a bottle left? Should I just dump this and get some water?"

No comments: