Wednesday, August 26, 2009

busy days


Well my birthday was Monday and I was working so I decided to wear my kilt to work and get one of my four days done. It was fun. Made lots of people smile and probably question my sanity, but that's nothing new. I only had one customer who really had no idea of what I was wearing and was surprised that it was allowed. I got lots of women who asked my technicians what I wore under the kilt. I couldn't lie and said that I needed something under there since I was at work. Now I can update #8 to 1/4.

I have been getting up to exercise every morning and am on day 8 of P90x. I really pushed myself this morning and got nauseous while doing the chest and back routine, tomorrow is the pylometrics workout (aka jump-training). Another killer morning routine. My before pics will hopefully be attached to this post. (scary pictures, I'll only attach one.)

Melissa had scheduled the energy audit for the house today. The woman showed up at 8 am and I assumed that it would be a couple hours at the most. She left at 1pm. She was very thorough and we went over the entire house. She had a thermal-imaging camera and was able to show us all the spots that heat would escape in the winter. The final report and recommendations will come in about 2-3 weeks. She only gets paid one flat fee and give us lists of places that the house should be made more air-tight and some tips on how to make the fridge run more efficiently etc. We will have a list three miles long no doubt. Lots and lots to do. She will have a breakdown of what is the most cost effective jobs and how to do them. Definitely worth the $ just for the info, now we just need some $ to implement the recommendations.

Another item on my list that we did today was to go out fishing on the lake. All six of us squeezed on the boat and we anchored on a rocky point. I had a bite and saw him jump but that was the closest thing to a fish we had all year so far. We did see a bald eagle circling above and heard some loons calling back and forth. It was nice. I finally, after 37 years, can tie a lure on my line. Thank you Dad, your persistence has paid off.

No comments: