Monday, August 31, 2009

Last day of summer vacation

I can't believe it is here already, so much was planned and most of it got done. The summer seemed short but it seems really short now that the kids go back to school tomorrow.

The day started like most others, I didn't want to get up, hit the snooze, got up-fed the dogs-went back to bed. I kept telling myself that it is the last day of summer so why not sleep in a little. Also I knew that I was doing the kenpo routine in p90x, and that only takes an hour so I can push snooze one more time, and I'll do it while Mel is at the chiropractor.

I did the routine and had fun, the kenpo routine is fast paced and full of punches, kicks and you just sweat like crazy. Mel came home shortly afterward and all six of us went out in the boat and Reese and Jaren went tubing. It was windy and gave the kids some good bumps.

After lunch we visited some Cub Scout friends to try to plan the year. It was good to sit around with the adults and watch all the kids play.
After dinner we had an open house at the middle school to help Reese remember where his classroom is and where his locker is. We got to meet one of his teachers and the band director. We went to The Dugout for some ice cream and then came home to tea and cookies with Gram-Gram. Doesn't help the diet, but it tasted good.

I got my book it the mail today. It is The Rookie by Scott Sigler. I listened to the podcast first and have been a Sigler Junkie ever since. This is an autographed numbered limited edition that I can't wait to read to the boys. It is supposed to be a toned down version because Siglers stuff can be a bit graphic/disturbing/harsh language, which is probably why I love it.

I am still reading Peter and the Shadow Thieves to the kids, so before bed tonight I was able to get in several more chapters. Alas, we are not really even close to halfway through it. (But it is also a great book that I highly recommend)

No comments: