Friday, January 18, 2008

Have to admit I'm getting better

getting better all the time. ---It's amazing what 3 to 4 practices can do! I am not a guitar genius now by any stretch of the imagination, but I can really tell the difference. I started just playing the first 2 beats per measure before switching chords and then only with really looking at my left hand. Now I can do 3 and sometimes 4 (depending on which chords) beats per measure. The C chord is still a tricky one to switch to just because of the 3 different frets I guess, but usually it is the easiest to switch from.
With my chord knowledge limited to the major, minor, and D7, the number of songs I can do is fairly small. Especially because I don't have any B chords and because when I look up songs to play the were by Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Dire Straits, and other classic masters. I'll either have to ask David today about some basic songs or learn some more chords. Most likely I should do both. I did find Mother by Pink Floyd that was only basic chords, so I have added that to my repertoire.

I got up at 5:15 this morning to practice and I was able to get in a good 30-40 minutes before the kids needed me. I won't be able to do this everyday because I should be at the gym at that time, but today I have a orientation at 4 so I will work out then.

I have my second lesson with David today at 2:00. I can't wait to see what I learn today!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Did you sign up at a gym?