Friday, January 4, 2008

moved my "studio"

Mel and I decided to move the guitar and gear up to the bedroom. I had been using the computer to listen to my lessons CD, but someone is always on the computer or wants to be on it or I have a problem getting it to work correctly or the kids are around making noise or getting in the way. I brought in an old CD player, the amp, and the guitar case. We have chairs and a coffee table in the reading area of the bedroom, and I set my gear up there. I went to play today and noticed that I can't sit in the chair and look at my lesson book, let alone work the CD player with the guitar on my lap. I ended up standing with the lesson book on the bookcase and the CD player on the bureau.

I had begun playing the guitar while standing and have worked my way to sitting at the computer to play. I didn't think I would have any trouble but when I was standing before I was just playing chords. Now with playing notes, sometimes when you strum the one string you are not pressing any strings with your left fingers so I had some trouble controlling the guitar. The guitar was also at a different angle because it wasn't sitting on my lap. This caused me to strum the wrong string or miss the E string altogether. So many excuses so little time.

I did start with the E string and worked up to the B. I used the music and did okay with B,C,D notes but again, when I got to the Two string rock song, I just couldn't get the flow and the timing it sounded really bad and just wasn't coming together. At that time Gram Gram showed up so it was a natural stopping point.

Tomorrow I will start right away on the B string.

No comments: