Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home improvement II




this is a continued post -read the one below first.


We had 3 employees taking apart these shelving units and stacking them on a cart for us. Once we paid and loaded them in the van we knew that our plans for the day had just changed. We went straight home to take care of our new plants, and once we had lunch and repotted the plants we started to unpack the shelves.


We weren't exactly sure where everything was going so we moved a few things around and started to set up the first couple of units. We then decided that we needed to clean up the craft area of the basement in order to figure out where everything was going to go. Next came the decision to rebuild the craft table. It makes sense. So much of the crafting supplies that is just stacked in the basement used to be in this table that is sitting in pieces in a corner of the basement. The problem is, I'm not sure I can remember how to put it together. It has been over a year since we took it apart. We cleared out the area and pulled up the rug and found a play may underneath the rug. I knew something was there I just wasn't sure what it was. Now tomorrow (if I ever get to bed) I will be able to do my exercise on a mat. The carpet doesn't give much padding.


Back on track--I was able to get the table together a lot easier than I had expected. Now Mel just has to load it up, we'll hook up some sort of extension cord to a strip of plugs to plug in the sewing machine and maybe some organization will start to come to the basement.


We have 4 of the 6 shelving units built, two of the fancier ones are in the picture. The craft table is done so this completes number 91. The storage shelves aren't completely built and arranged so I cannot say that 47 is done yet.

No comments: