Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home improvements


Things did not turn out as expected today. To say the least. We knew we had some errands to do today; going to the chiropractor for Mel, the post office, new shoes for Mel and Strider, Walmart, and maybe Home Depot.

I thought that I might be able to pick up a pink shirt for work at Goodwill, which is right next door to the post office. So I was excited because the pink shirt is number 9 on my list and I knew Mel might be getting some shoes so it would be cool if we could both check off something. However there were no pink shirts to be found. Oh well. Our next stop was Olympia, and with absolutely no help from the employees Mel did get her new sneaks.

Next we decided to go to Home Depot to get some Great Stuff foam to fill in all the drafty spots from our home audit. As we walked in Mel said that she wanted to get a plant, because she has to keep a plant alive for a year and she wanted to start now. On my list I need to get and keep alive an indoor tree. I don't know why but I have wanted an indoor tree for the longest time. I just thought it would be cool to have this large plant in the living room. This seemed like the perfect time to pick one up. I found a dracaena massangeana which would grow up to 9 feet tall. This seemed good and I picked it up.

Now here we are going in and around the isles of Home Depot with the race car cart and a rather large plant/tree in it. I have to look to the side in order to see where I am going. We decide to look at shelving for the storage area in the back room. As we were looking at the stuff in the isles a friendly employee comes up and says that if we are interested in shelving he has some display models from a promotion that they had marked down. It was too good of a deal to pass up. We ended up bringing 6 shelving units home.
to be continued

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very inspiration post.!! I love home improvement and always prefer to get best quality stuff from Home Depot.