Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just when you thought you were doing okay...

Last night a karate, Master Cheryl was talking about how bad every one's posture was. It is, and I know it has been since I started a year and a half ago. Last night it was my push-ups that were the main focus. I need to tuck my hips in more as well as arch my back upwards slightly. She says I am tightening up my lower back muscles and essentially making them shorter, sooner or later she says I will throw out my back. Not good.
I need to find a way to remind myself throughout the day to keep my hips up and focus on my core muscles. If my core is always engaged it will help. She says we need to always walk around like we are on the beach trying to look good. Don't throw the shoulders back because that causes other problems. For the past 34 years I have stuck my gut and but out, now I have to train myself to do the opposite. Not going to be easy.

No comments: