Thursday, February 1, 2007

What a wonderful ending


I got home from work, another 13 hours on my feet answering demands of my customers. I just get inside and Strider is in Mel's arms calling for me, whimpering really. I take the exhausted boy out of her arms as soon as I get my jacket off and he smiles at me and puts his head down on my shoulder. Mel turns off the TV as I sit on the couch, she lays down puts her legs on my lap and pulls a blanket over herself. I gently stroke her warm calf and shin as I start to nod off. Strider snores and nuzzles in closer. I think how lucky I am and try to stay awake to cherish the moment. Strider coughs a couple times and wakes me up from a doze. Mel is sleeping and as warm and as comfy as I am, I know I have to get up to put Strider to bed. Carefully I raise Mel's leg so I can get up. I bring Strider upstairs and lay him down on his Spongebob Squarepants pillow cover. He hardly moves as I kiss him goodnight.

No comments: