Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Crappy post

With having four boys you think I would have seen this before, but up until my youngest started to walk it hadn't happened. Today was the third time in the past three months that I have had to actually remove the toilet to remove a foreign object that had been flushed.

Unfortunately, and there always seems to be an unfortunately around here, each time that this has happened, someone has decided to poop in the clogged toilet. Now this is a house that has four toilets. Two of the toilets have been clogged, the first time it was a section of a bug vacuum toy, the second time was an Eeyore block, and today it was an apple core that if someone had eaten more of it, it might have made it all the way down. None the less, each offensive item was quite offensive and covered in crap.

I am not a plumber and not really even that handy. Luckily removing a toilet is pretty easy. The only thing that is holding it down is two bolts, and a nut connecting where the water pipe flows into the back tank. You do need a wax ring to put the seat back on to make a water tight seal.

After this happened the second time my wife told me to buy 2 wax rings "just in case we need to do this again". Of course I just laughed it off and only bought one even though they cost less than $1.50. Today, however, I did buy two. So I can guarantee that this will never happen to us again. (Unless I just cursed us.)

No comments: