Thursday, January 11, 2007

Introduction-first report

Writing to you for all the world to read! It is hard to be a guy in this day and age. I think of myself as a fairly normal man, married, four boys (I guess that isn't too normal), two jobs to make some extra spending money, and a house in the country. What I just don't understand is why people are so miserable.
We all have our moments of anger/depression/irritation and usually for no good reason at all. I am extremely guilty of this, so I intend to write some examples as they come up with some personal insight mixed in.
For instance, why are we so nice to strangers, at work or at the store- we'll say "excuse me", hold the door for people, offer a seat on the subway, smile; then we get home, or are with the people we love and we snap at them for nothing, yell at the kids to be quiet, or try to do something to be away from them.
It doesn't make any sense but once it was mentioned to me I noticed how true it was. Since I have been aware I try to be nicer and not let the little things bother me. Take a look around your world and see if it is true for you, if it is I encourage you to try to change.

This is just one observation I have made, others will follow as they come up.

No comments: